Aerodrome built in 1937. Together with those of Figueres and Cabanes, the Garriguella Airfield was a base to protect the air, sea and land of the Alt Empordà area, complementing the air and coast defence provided by the artillery of Portbou, Roses and Port de la Selva. It had field providing an airstrip for landing and taking off, 6 shelters, a blood bank hospital, service buildings and accommodation for the troops. The main anti-aircraft shelter was built at the Mas de l’Horta farmhouse. It has a surface area of 275 m2 (with 100 m2 usable space) made of concrete and when it was operational, it was embedded into the ground. It has two entrances: the façade of the south entrance still has green and brown trees painted on it to camouflage it. It was operative until the end of the Civil War until 6 February 1939 when the last air raids took place.
Camí Del Cementiri, 17780 Garriguella, Provincia de Gerona, España