This medieval watchtower dominated the entire valley. Built of limestone, it measures approximately 10 metres high, with a 6-metre interior diameter and walls 1.80-metres thick. The two-storey interior has a semi-spherical vault ceiling. The remains of the thatching on the top floor can still been seen. For defensive purposes, none of the stairways are complete. According to a document from 1292, during the reign of King James II, thirty-five men were posted in the village for defence, eight of whom were located in the castle and four in this tower.
Plaça Carles Camps 7, 17732 San Lorenzo de la Muga, Provincia de Gerona, España