After the siege of the Great War (1793-95), the medieval town of Roses inside the Citadel was permanently abandoned. This led to the development of the suburb that had been growing outside the walls, near the port along the Ginjolers creek bed. Following damage to the Romanesque basilica and the desertion of the monastic community, a parish church was built in the centre of the new town. The church was designed by Antonio López Sopeña in 1792. The church was looted in 1936 during the Spanish Civil War and served as a market and public warehouse. Later, the interior of the nave was rebuilt, and the high altar was reconstructed with its former altarpiece. (1950). The entire building was reroofed in 1980 and the church’s façade and ceilings were remodelled from 1992 to 1995. A ceremony to dedicate the new altar was celebrated in 1995.
Plaça De L'església 13, 17480 Rosas, Provincia de Gerona, España